How We Help
Food & Personal Care
The Urbandale Food Pantry offers:
- Nutritionally-balanced, 3-day supply of food based on family size, once per calendar month
- Personal care products such as shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, toilet paper, sanitary napkins, diapers and laundry soap, once per calendar month
- Refrigerated/frozen foods and milk (when available), once per calendar month
- Bread items (when available), daily
- Fresh produce (when available), daily
The Urbandale Community School District has a satellite clothing closet at the Urbandale Food Pantry. The clothing closet is open during the Pantry's hours of operation and will operate year-round, with a reduced amount of clothing during the school's summer and winter breaks. Students from the special education program and UFP volunteers will staff the clothing closet.
Gently used, clean clothing can be dropped off at the Urbandale High School during their hours of operation. Please note: The Urbandale Food Pantry will not accept clothing donations at the Pantry.
For more information, contact Amber Ruppert at the Urbandale High School, 457-6800, or contact the Urbandale Food Pantry.
Holiday Feed-a-Family Program
Our feed-a-family program provides holiday meals in November to families in need.
How You Can Help:
- Donate a turkey or ham in November
- Make a monetary donation to the UFP to provide a holiday meal for a family in need in November:
- Family of 1: $30.00
- Family of 2: $40.00
- Family of 3: $50.00
- Family of 4: $60.00
- Family of 5: $70.00
- Family of 6: $80.00
- Family of 7: $90.00
- Family of 8+: $100.00
- Provide holiday food items to the UFP in November (potatoes, sweet potatoes, marshmallows, canned fruit, canned green beans, cream of mushroom soup, french fried onions, stuffing, gravy, dinner rolls, butter, frozen or fresh pies, foil roasting pans)
Printable Shopping List
Polk County Health Services
A Polk County Health Department Nurse is available at the Urbandale Food Pantry every other Wednesday from 10:00AM to 12:00noon for health screenings, blood sugar and blood pressure checks, health education, and yearly flu and pneumonia shots.