How We Help
Food & Personal Care
The Urbandale Food Pantry offers:
- Nutritionally-balanced, 3-day supply of food based on family size, once per calendar month
- Personal care products such as shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, toilet paper, sanitary napkins, diapers and laundry soap, once per calendar month
- Refrigerated/frozen foods and milk (when available), once per calendar month
- Bread items (when available), daily
- Fresh produce (when available), daily
The Urbandale Community School District has a satellite clothing closet at the Urbandale Food Pantry. The clothing closet is open during the Pantry's hours of operation and will operate year-round, with a reduced amount of clothing during the school's summer and winter breaks. Students from the special education program and UFP volunteers will staff the clothing closet.
Gently used, clean clothing can be dropped off at the Urbandale High School during their hours of operation. Please note: The Urbandale Food Pantry will not accept clothing donations at the Pantry.
For more information, contact Amber Ruppert at the Urbandale High School, 457-6800, or contact the Urbandale Food Pantry.
Thanksgiving Feed-a-Family Program
Last year, the generosity of our community helped the Urbandale Food Pantry provide a Thanksgiving meal to 875 families. This year, we predict we will be serving closer to 1,200 families during the month of November. In order to reach the goal of providing each of these families a Thanksgiving turkey or turkey breast, we need your assistance. Please consider helping in one of the following ways:
- Send a check or donate online (click button below) to the UFP in October and November
- Donate a turkey or turkey breast to the Urbandale Food Pantry during our hours of operation: Monday-Thursday 9:30a-6:30p and Saturday 8a-12noon
Donate to the UFP Feed-a-Family fund!
Polk County Health Services
A Polk County Health Department Nurse is available at the Urbandale Food Pantry every other Wednesday from 10:00AM to 12:00noon for health screenings, blood sugar and blood pressure checks, health education, and yearly flu and pneumonia shots.